By running the network diagnosis, the WUUK app will initiate a process to check the connection status and signal strength among your phone, base station, camera, and your home router with internet access.
This is a feature that helps our users a lot to diagnose and locate, when certain features are not available or perform as designed, where the issue lies.
To start running the diagnosis process, click the gear icon to visit the Camera settings and tap on the Network Diagnose option.
*Note: please DO NOT remove or delete the device unless the WUUK customer service suggests.
The process will test the connection between these 3 parts of the system as listed below：
1. WUUK server
It first detects if your phone is accessing the internet by sending a command from your WUUK app to the server.
Once the detection option shows a red cross, kindly check the network connection of your phone. In general, it could be caused by a WiFi network your phone is staying on does not have Internet access, or if you are using your mobile data -
1) Your phone's mobile data reception is in bad condition
2) You did not allow the WUUK app to use your mobile data (in the phone's system setting)
3) Your mobile data carrier does not support apps like WUUK (large video streaming)
2. Device connection
It measures if the base station is connecting to the network you paired it with.
If the <WUUK Server> check gets a green pass and this option shows a red cross❌, please kindly check if the indicator light on the base station is on and flash in green.
Here are a few possible reasons with solutions accordingly:
1) Check if WUUK Base Station has power
2) Check if the Wi-Fi router you paired the Base station with has internet access.
3) If you switch the connection mode of the Base station to Wireless mode, please check if the 2.4Ghz WiFi is still available. For example, have your mobile phone join the same WiFi network and see if your phone can visit any website. If the WiFi router doesn't have internet access or has a very poor internet visit speed, please kindly fix the issue on the WiFi router end.
The base station doesn't show an indicator light:
Please kindly check if the power cable is loose or broken. If it is broken, please kindly contact our customer service for further arrangements.
The base station does show an indicator light in red:
1) Please kindly check if the internet cable is loose. After the plug is tight, there will be a green light flashing in the port.
2) Change another ethernet cable to have a try.
3) Check if your router has internet.
3. Device signal
The device signal measures the strength of the connection between the base station and the camera. It does not measure the strength of your home wifi connection. If the wireless cam pro shows light in red, it means that it is not connecting to the Base Station.
A higher value means a better signal. Normally, the value is within the range between 0 and 100. Once the value is below 60, it's suggested to move the location of the base station for a better signal; and it would be better to set the base station and the camera within 3-5 meters, but please note that the signal strength does not always equal to the distance between the two pieces.
If the above 2 options get through and only the Device Signal option shows a red cross, kindly restart the camera to check if the problem remains.
If the wireless cam pro doesn't show any indicator light, please kindly restart the cam pro, enter the app tap the power management to check if the battery is run out. At the same time, you can also use the power cable to check if the indicator light is on.
If the wireless cam pro shows light in red, it means that it is not connecting to the Base station. Please kindly restart the camera and re-pair it with the base station again.
For further assistance, please contact WUUK customer services directly.