A small diode came packaged with your WUUK Doorbell. The included diode is NOT REQUIRED for most use cases of the WUUK Smart Doorbell.
It is for those who displace the original digital doorbell with wires. The diode helps to make sure that your digital bell plays all the way through its sound cycle. If you have a digital doorbell chime, it's required in order for your WUUK Doorbell to function properly if you choose to install it with the hardwire option.
- Be sure that your internal bell is digital before attaching the diode. This means that your ringtone comes through a speaker device, and is not generated by a mechanical hammer and bell. Attaching the diode when you have a mechanical bell could damage your mechanical bell.
- Before removing or attaching wires, be sure that the power is turned off at the breaker box.
- If you're uncomfortable with opening up your original bell box or attaching and detaching wires, consult a licensed electrician.
- Before installing your diode, make sure to look at your diode and notice the small marking on one end. This end should point to the wire that leads to your bell.
- Install the diode directly on the screws on the back of your WUUK
- Connect your existing wiring to the screws on the back of your WUUK Smart Doorbell, making sure that the marking on the diode points to the wire that leads to your bell.
- Restore power at the breaker, and check the WUUK app to see if there is a charging icon overlay on the battery indicating the doorbell is receiving power.
- If you restore power to your WUUK Smart Doorbell and your chime doesn't ring when you test by pressing the ring button on the doorbell, try turning off the power and flipping the diode over.
If you think you need to install the diode, please contact our Customer Support to double-check if it is necessary or supported by your doorbell system.
You can reach us via the in-app chat, Live Chat on the website, and email email@example.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.