By running the network diagnosis, the WUUK app will initiate a process to check the connection status and signal strength among your phone, chime, doorbell and your home router with internet access.
This is a feature helps our users a lot to diagnose and locate, when certain features are not available or perform as designed, where the issue lies.
- Cannot view the Live View using the WUUK app
- The playback event video is often blurry
- The playback event video does not record to the length you choose (e.g. Less than 10 seconds if you choose it to be 10-seconds long)
- Your doorbell constantly disconnects from the chime
- When your phone is using the mobile data, or a different WiFi network than the one your doorbell system is on, the access is limited
- Suggested by WUUK's Customer Support agents
To start running the diagnose process, click the gear icon to visit the device's settings and tap on the Network Diagnose option.
*Note: Please DO NOT remove or delete the device unless the WUUK customer service suggests.
The process will test the connection between these 3 parts of the system as listed below：
1, WUUK server
It first detects if your phone is accessing the internet by sending a command from your WUUK app to the server.
Once the detection option shows a red cross, kindly check the network connection of your phone. General it could be caused by a WiFi network your phone is staying on does not have Internet access, or if you are using your mobile data -
1) Your phone's mobile data reception is in a bad condition
2) You did not allow the WUUK app to use your mobile data (in the phone's system setting)
3) Your mobile data carrier does not support apps like WUUK (large video streaming)
2, Device connection
It measures that if the chime is connecting to the WiFi network you paired it with.
If the <WUUK Server> check gets a green pass and this option shows a red cross❌, please kindly check if the indicator light on the chime flashes in red.
Here are a few possible reasons with solutions accordingly -
1) Check if you recently have changed your home WiFi's name or password. If this is the case, please pair the WUUK Doorbell once again with your new WiFi or with the new WiFi name and password by going through the "Add a device" process (the + icon on the top right corner) once again.
2) Check if the WiFi network you paired the chime with has internet access. For example, have your mobile phone join the same WiFi network and see if your phone can visit any website. If the WiFi router doesn't have internet access or has a very poor internet visit speed, please kindly fix the issue on the WiFi router end.
3, Device signal
The device signal measures the strength of the connection between the chime and the doorbell. It does not measure the strength of your home wifi connection.
A higher value means a better signal. Normally, the value is within the range between -20 and -40. Once the value is below -40, it's suggested to move the location of the chime for a better signal; and it would be better to set the chime and the doorbell within 3-5 meters, but please note that the signal strength does not always equal to the distance between the two pieces.
If the above 2 options get through and only the Device Signal option shows a red cross, kindly press the doorbell to check if it rings with the chime. Then restart the doorbell to check if the problem remains.
For further assistance, please contact WUUK customer services directly.