1) Press the doorbell ring button and wait for the chime to ring; if the doorbell does not ring, please try to power up the doorbell first and make sure it is not low on battery;
2) If the doorbell rings but the chime doesn't, check if the doorbell and the chime are connected correctly, for example, if your chime keeps making the "System Ready" announcement, that means the connection between the doorbell and the chime is lost.
The chime constantly speaks "System Ready" is because the chime is scanning every 40 mins searching for the doorbell, which means the doorbell is not successfully connected to the chime.
There are a couple of reasons this could happen -
- The doorbell is not powered up or is running out of battery;
- The connection between the two devices is lost. You can try pressing the doorbell to send a signal to the chime to bring the connection back or reboot both pieces to give them a reset;
- The distance between the doorbell and the chime is too far away.
3) Check the light on the chime and see if it is a solid green light. If it is a red light, that means the chime loses connection to the Internet. It might be a network issue, so check if your WiFi network is connecting to the Internet or if your internet performance is stable.
4) Power off the doorbell and power it on again, as well as unplugging the chime and plug it back in, to give the whole system a reboot. Once this is done, the doorbell system will automatically reconnect and search for the WiFi it previously was on. Nothing else needs to be done for this reboot to finish.
5) Try to run through the pairing process again.
Please contact our support at email@example.com, if this does not fix your issues.
Article is closed for comments.